[TowerTalk] RE: Tower bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Tower bolts
From: "Bill Turini" <wtu@cypress.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:53:50 -0700
I have a TX-472 tower that I bought used. I called a local bolt firm
that caters to the local maritime and construction trade, told them the
bolt specs and they said "no problem".  The first time they charges me
$16 for three bolts (and nuts, washers, and lockwashers). The second
time (8 years later) the price went up to $34 or so, but I had the bolts
made 4' long, with 6" of thread.

They also supplied ASTM-A36 bolts and nuts for mounting the tower to the
base fixture. Any place that deals with construction that puts up road
signs should be able to help.

Bill  KA4GAV

Bill Turini                         (425) 787-4477
IT & Facilities Manager
Cypress Semiconductor               Lynnwood, WA  98037