Re: [TowerTalk] Interference Problem

To: Dave NØRQ (lists) <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>,<dhearn@ix.netcom.com>,"Towertalk@Contesting.Com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interference Problem
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:42:12 -0400
> To summarize, yes, HF sometimes affected the 2.4G signal,
> but it wasn't really a problem.

HF doesn't affect the 2.4GHz signal, but the interconnecting
leads can couple RF into the wireless unit or the computer.
Look to the wiring for the solution.

I have a system with 4 computers on wireless, and not a
single problem when transmitting even when I run 1.5kW
beamed right through the house. I have all my computer stuff
in an area with everything into a single outlet strip with
RF bypassing. Everything connects to a common wide copper
flashing so there is no ground loop. The phone line comes in
to my ISDN modem and Linksys wireless router. Single point
grounds at every equipment cluster or hub, including TV  and
VCR groups, do more than anything else that can be done.

73 Tom