[TowerTalk] US Towers TX-455 questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Towers TX-455 questions
From: Kelly Jones <kelly@dxcentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:03:34 -0600
Hello to the list,

I am contemplating putting up a US Towers TX-455 and wondered if there are any suggestions for minimum distance from the foundation of the house to the tower base.

My concern is that wind stress might be propagated down the tower to the base then to the house foundation. The last thing I need is water pouring into the basement due to a cracked foundation.

On another note, I'm trying to decide whether or not to stack a 2 element 40 with a F12 XR-5 on this tower. Suggestions? Advice? Good idea? Bad idea? Don't even think about it?

Thanks,
Kelly - N0VD