RE: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question

To: keith@dutson.net, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question
From: "Bob Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:15:09 -0500
With the excel work file you can input the operating frequency and velocity
factor.
Not sure one of my posts went to the reflector so I will try this again.
But first, I do have 75 ohm hardline running to my 10m tower as well as my
15m tower. No transformers were used.  I just cut them until I got the 50
ohm mirror for every 1/2 wavelength.
I first tried the coaxial tranny on my new 20m antenna system and it
works.  Seemed to be much easier than having to keep adding or subtracting
the hardline length.
At 14.200 using RG11 and RG213 to make the tranny the length necessary for
each piece was 44.7 inches.
SHACK- RG11 (44.7") TO RG213 (44.7") TO CATV HARDLINE TO RG213 (44.7") TO
RG11 (44.7") TO 50 OHM COAX TO THE ANTENNA.
Several asked me for the file.  I will try to send it in the next couple of
days.  If I miss anyone please email me again directly.

Thanks.
Bob NX5M