[TowerTalk] Dayton electromechanical timers for US Tower controlbox RMC1

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dayton electromechanical timers for US Tower controlbox RMC1000
From: "W0YG (Charlie Summers)" <w0yg@myawai.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:12:50 -0000
W.W. Grainger carries this timer. Two are required for each MDPL type tower. My problem with the tower not raising was one of the TDR units. These timers have a removable cover that allows one to get to the contacts to burnish them if necessary.

Burnishing the contacts was a temporary cure for my tower not raising. Whacking the side of the case, NJ9K's cure, will also snap that timer into operation. I don't recommend this for a long term cure unless you are standing right by the box at the base of the tower to correct anything that might go wrong.

It is a pity US Tower doesn't supply a manual with parts list and schematic for their tower control systems. However customer service has never been one of their strong suits!

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>