Re: [TowerTalk] A3 problem

To: <n8de@thepoint.net>, <N2TK@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A3 problem
From: <sabrams@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:16:35 -0500
To: <N2TK@arrl.net>
Cc: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:26 PM

Sounds to me like a bug/moisture infestation ... you'll probably have to
take it down and clean the traps.
Don
N8DE

Looking for suggestions with a Cushcraft A3 problem. Up till this year it
worked well. The swr was minimum at 14.1, 21.2, 28.4. Now it resonates at
14.5, 21.2, 28.0.

Compared to a C3E on another tower at the same height, 35', 15 and 20M are
comparable. On 10M, signals are down from 4-6 s-units on the A3 compared
the C3! The element dimensions have not changed. I would guess it would
have
to be a 10M trap. What else could it be? But which trap(s)? Puzzled that
15M
resonance didn't change.

Was thinking of using a dip meter to check the traps.

Any ideas or have you seen a similar problem?

Tnx

N2TK/NP2, Tony