Re: [TowerTalk] A3 problem

To: <n2tk@arrl.net>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A3 problem
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:58:15 -0800
Tony, is the A3's Front-to-Back on 10 meters about the same
as it was before the change in 20 meter VSWR (it is probably
worth checking front-to-back on 15 and 20 as well)? If the F/B
is unchanged, then it is probably an issue with the 10 meter
driven element traps. If the F/B has degraded noticeably, then
I would start checking the 10 meter traps in the parasitic
elements for problems. If you are losing 4 to 6 S-units, then
it is probably due to detuning in one of the parasitic elements.
That kind of signal loss due to problems in the driven element
would almost certainly be associated with a very very high
VSWR on 10 meters.

Good Luck!

73 de Mike, W4EF....................