Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:58:12 EST
In a message dated 11/4/04 9:47:47 PM Central Standard Time,
jbastin@sssnet.com writes:
I cut the existing rotor cable about a foot from the rotator and from
the control box. I purchased a couple of automotive 6-terminal
junctions designed for trailer lights at the local NAPA store. These
connectors are weatherproof and designed to work in the worst
conditions, i.e. hanging loose behind an automobile traveling down a
highway at 60 mph towing a trailer, in sunshine or rain, snow or mud.
I used the same "trick" a few years ago and have had NO problems what-so-ever
with this setup. I put both plugs from one set on the rotor (male AND female)
and used the other set on the control cable. That way I can't mix em up
later. I also put a bit of Penatrox (sp?) on the pins, just for insurance.
I also use them for the controls on my mobile screwdriver antenna with the
same FB results.

73, Don - K4BEV