RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: 'David Robbins K1TTT' <k1ttt@arrl.net>,reflector -tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:14:45 -0800
Hi David,

Very relevant question, there.

My answer, thus far, would be "pretty much everybody" has had failures with
the SteppIR products.  At least, everyone I've spoken with who has one.
Again, I've heard nothing but glowing compliments regarding service, but of
course I'd much rather not have the failures.

Possibly some of the controller failures I've heard about are lightning
related; however here in L.A., lightning is a very rare phenomenon indeed
and it's common to go 6-12 months at a time without a single lightning event
anywhere in the area.  And the two failures I referenced occurred when no
lightning had occurred in a very long time.

WA6DKN had to return his controller not once, but twice.  He's on #3 at this
time.

WB2WIK/6

"Nobody needs more than 640k!" -Bill Gates, 1982