Re: [TowerTalk] Polishing a plastic meter face to remove scratches?

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>,"TowerTalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polishing a plastic meter face to remove scratches?
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:23:14 -0800
When I was in college, I worked for the physics department. We
were fabricating adiabatic light pipes out of acrylic. Before we
went to laser cutting, we would saw cut the acrylic, sand it, and
then use a paste loaded with alumina particles to polish the
edges to an optical finish. This was probably the same stuff
that Jim W6RMK was talking about for polishing aircraft
windshields. I think you could specify the particle size if you
wanted to polish in steps. Wish I could remember the
manufacturer (too many dead brain cells since then).