Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box

To: "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:33:07 -0800
Don't be ashamed of buying stuff, people. I just paid $65
for a tuning pulser. I haven't taken the cover off, but
odds are that its nothing more than a relaxation oscillator
and a rotary switch (to control the duty cycle). Still my
free time is in short supply, so I try focus on building
stuff where I will learn something new as that has a
potential return on investment and is more enjoyable
that doing the same thing over and over again.
Modifying equipment is also a good way to learn
how it works and build up skills without actually having
to layout every board and fab every little detail.