[TowerTalk] RE: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 24, Issue 40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 24, Issue 40
From: "Roland Guidry" <na5q@w5ddl.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:40:45 -0600

Joe, I have owned the C3E for 3 years now, with 35 ft. tower. This antenna
is the same as the C4E except it has only one element on 40m.

During that time I have worked DXCC on 40m, 20m, 17m, 15m and 10m. It has
survived Hurricane Lili at 115 mph with the tower cranked down to 20 ft.
This antenna is strong and I have not found any problems with SWR, except on
17m and 40m (must use a tuner) I enjoy CW, SSB and RTTY. I feel that the C4E
would play well on 40m, but would work better if tower were higher than
mine.

Roland, NA5Q

Message: 2