Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Slopers, half slopers, (using the tower)

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Slopers, half slopers, (using the tower)
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:07:42 -0500
That's why slopers worked against the tower should be called
sloppers instead of slopers.

They are sloppy systems that generally, if they work at all,
work by good fortune rather than proper design.

What about treating the antenna as semi-vertical "L" including the tower in the equation?

In my case one leg can be a 55 foot Rohn 25 tower, at 55 feet
I can directly/electrically attach a horizontal wire out another
80 feet to the feedpoint then another 135 feet to the far end
insulated by a tie rope up in a tree.

100+ feet of the horizontal section will go across a shallow
ravine thereby increasing the effective height at the
feedpoint.

Fed with open wire I am guessing this will be a decent
NVIS doublet/dipole antenna on 160 and 80 and an interesting
antenna for 40-10M.

-- Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e A blessed and joy-filled New Year to all!

West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.2
Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Homebrew, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!