Re: [TowerTalk] Installing Ground Rods was (Tower Wench)

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing Ground Rods was (Tower Wench)
From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:28:33 -0500

K8RI on Tower Talk wrote:

Nice pictures Roger.
Only problem with your installation method is you do not have as good a ground connection with earth as you would if they were driven in.

Not at all. That's an old wive's tale.

No old wives here. :>)

I thought you did things the way Polyphaser recommended? :>)

I normally do. I didn't see that in their literature, but I did miss something one other time.

I still don't believe it, at least not here with out soil. When damp the soild is highly conductive and the water coming out of the tap is just about as loaded with minerals. With what comes out of the well we should be able to *grow* a tower. <:-))

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com
They do not recommend washing them in. They specifically say you should not.

73
Gary  K4FMX