[TowerTalk] Tower Rust Repair

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Rust Repair
From: "John Crovelli" <w2gd@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:43:34 -0500
I'm about to enbark upon a tower painting project on Aruba. In past years I've used various products such as ZRC Cold Galvanizing Compound, POR15, and Brite to name a few with varying degrees of success. The conditions on Aruba are extreme....with constant salt and wind with sand that tends to etch the steel, especially on the east side of towers..

I just read the specs on a product called Rust Bullet. Apparently it chemically combines with the rust and claims to be UV resistant (unlike POR15). They recommend two coats.

Has anyone used Rust Bullet to repair tower rust....or does anyone have other product recommendations?

John W2GD (aka P40W)
w2gd@hotmail.com