Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Not Clamp for rotors

To: Mark Potter <jbpmlp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Not Clamp for rotors
From: NOLL AMIDZICH <namidzich@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:52:03 -0600
Mark,

I have been using the slipp - not clamp since April 2004. The clamp is used on a tailtwister. The rotor turns a kt34xa and a 5 el 6 mtr beam.

Before installing the clamp, I would have to re- orient the antennas on an average of once a year minimum due to high winds. (I tried to exercise "wind management" by pointing the booms of the antennas into the wind but wasn't always successful for various reasons). I always felt it was better to let the mast slip a bit then to pin the mast and risk rotor damage.

Since installation, the mast has NOT slipped at all. Even with winds in excess of 50 MPH. In fact , the very first weekend after installation , our area (Milwaukee, Wi) had winds exceeding 50 MPH. The clamp was put to the test very quickly and performed very satisfactorily.

The usual, no affiliations with the manufacturer, just a very satisfied customer.

73

Noll W9RN

Mark Potter wrote:

Would like to get opinions on how these work. Am using a 2" mast with a T2X rotor., TB-3 Thrust bearing. Now about 12 sq. ft. load. Going up to about 20 sq. ft. Had to pin the rotor to the mast to keep it from turning.

Their web site is www.consultpr.com

Reply off line if you like. jbpmlp@comcast.net

Mark  W9UZ
Wheaton, IL