Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotator

To: "Joseph Young" <jwyoung@cybertrails.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Rotator
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <tower@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:31:35 -0500

How much are you willing to spend and how rugged do you want?

Both the Alpha Spid and the Pro Sis Tel series are good and rugged. Both systems use double worm gear drives which eliminate the need for a seperate brake. I believe both use the digital dignal for position much like the sattelite dish positioners, but I may be mistaken on that.

The Alpha Spid series are made to mount on a pipe while the Pro Sis Tel use the flat mounting plate. The Alpha is about half the price (at $600 to $700) of the lower range Pro Sis Tel. .

A couple of quick Google searches should bring up all the information on both.

73 and good luck,

Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL Life Member)
N833R World's oldest Debonair
www.rogerhalstead.com
Hello,

I am looking for a replacement for my HyGain T2X. The T2X is on a
70 foot Glenn Martin tower with the Voyager tram system. The position
pot has failed and during windy conditions the antenna (Tennadyne T-12)
will not turn. The Glenn Martin Co. recommended the T2X for my application
with their tower and the T-12 LPA, but the rotator is not up to the job. I have used
some other models of HyGain rotators in the past with other antennas and on every
one of them the position pot failed sooner or later (mostly sooner). I thought that maybe
the T2X would be "better".

Any recommendations for a well designed, strong and reliable rotator system
would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73 de Joe, W6RLL