Re: [TowerTalk] SHACK LOCATION VS GROUNDING & RFI

To: w8ji@contesting.com, ROCKETJ10@MSN.COM, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SHACK LOCATION VS GROUNDING & RFI
From: N0OEL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:16:48 EST
"would say the most important thing in deciding where to
put your  station is where you would enjoy it most. Second,
you have to consider where  the antennas are located and what
the antennas are. You also have to consider  getting wires
and cables safely into the room"

I couldnt agree with  that statement more!    I have been in both places and
it doesnt  make a lot of difference.    I miss the view and sunshine from  the
second floor but appreciate my
location closer to running grounds.

Put in several ground rods on your shack on one ground heavy duty
ground wire (#4) and whatever is necessary on your tower/whatever  wherever
you go.

I look up to barely see the sky from my basement shack!   But its  away from
the crowd
and thats even "better protection" in the basement!

73
Mike
K0BUD
Minneapolis