RE: [TowerTalk] quick waterproofing for PL-259 connectors?

To: <knormoyle@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] quick waterproofing for PL-259 connectors?
From: "Martin Sole" <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:22:56 +0700
Re the RFU-503

I have used these a couple of times and they are very easy to fit. I don't
have any problem fitting regular 259's but these take me only half as long.
One thing to watch for though, here in Bangkok I can buy two versions, one
made in JA, the other made in BV. The JA ones are okay but some of the BV
ones have a tendency to separate the shell from the body, seems the groove
in the shell is hardly deep enough and the pressure on the retaining ring
when tightening down compresses the ring slightly allowing the shell to come
free. Here the BV ones cost $1.50 and the JA ones about $2.50 if I remember
right.

73
Martin - HS0ZED