RE: [TowerTalk] World Class Station Conundrum - help!

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] World Class Station Conundrum - help!
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:19:06 -0600
No question in my mind.  Sell the farm!

However, if you have a spouse, discuss every detail before you make any
major decision like this.

BTW, I am located 4.5 miles from a GA airport that just happens to have a
tower used for training FAA controllers.  I fly out of there from time to
time.  I am limited to 200 feet also, so dismissed plans for a 300 footer.

I am designing/constructing a somewhat less than world-class contest station
on my 16 acres.  It will have two 150 footers and two 120 footers, plus
perhaps others if I don't pass away before it is finished. <grin>

I don't think you get a significant benefit above 200 feet except on 160
meters.  So, looking on the practical side I think you could still have a
world-class station without the two 300 footers.  But if you are determined
to have those 80M wire Yagis, then move out to a less restricted area.

Keith NM5G