[TowerTalk] JA vs SA Re: Help in planning a new QTH

To: "Jim Jones K0HY" <k0hy@comcast.net>,"Peter Hutter" <phutter@Princeton.EDU>
Subject: [TowerTalk] JA vs SA Re: Help in planning a new QTH
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:56:20 -0800
Nope.. if you're in the midwest, JA and LU are almost exactly 180 degrees
apart.  Look at a globe and pull a piece of string from SA to Japan. Goes
right over Kansas, Ohio, etc. (depending on which Japanese island and what
part of SA)

I always forget just how far east of the US most of South America is.
Probably because you always think of "south of the border", when it's really
SouthEast of the border. Almost the entire continent is east of New York.

It's that round earth, things aren't what they seem on a flat map, thing.