Re: [TowerTalk] How can a SteppIR Perform So Well?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How can a SteppIR Perform So Well?
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:49:59 -0500
> The "STEPPIR has 3 active elements on each band whereas the C3E  only has
2  active elements on 15 & 20 meters, with 3 elements on 10-m.   So I don't
see where the SteppIR has "half the elements" nor is comparable  "apples to
apples" with a C3E.

The comparison is further off than that.  For $1745, he was talking abou the
4 element SteppIR wtih a 32' boom, not the 3 element with a 16' boom.  The 3
element is about $500 less.