Re: [TowerTalk] painting steppIR elements

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] painting steppIR elements
From: Bud Semon <n7cw@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:30:51 -0800
As one of the "erection" crew, I can explain the theory anyway.  We painted
all the exposed surfaces, including the fiberglass elements and the metal
(boom, clamps, etc).  Howard lives just a few miles from the ocean and the
idea was to reduce the rate of corrosion on everything.  Only time will
tell if it made any difference.

A side note - Howard lives on the side of hill (with ocean views) in a
pretty ritzy area, even for La Jolla.  As I was dressing the coax across
the roof, his neighbor above him (whose ocean view now went directly
through the yagi) was yelling at me "Is that thing legal?" and "He's going
to get a call from my attorney".  They called HRO and asked for the local
expert on towers, permitting, etc.  Tom, KM6K, at HRO referred them to
Howard  :)   Putting that thing up in the air may have been the easiest of
the battles....

73,  Bud  N7CW