[TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:49:37 +0300
Hi,

I am refurbishing my shack and want to place a grounding panel into the wall
and to bring all my antennas into the shack through it with bulkhead
adaptors. Just want some advice.

1. Is copper plate (say a 1cm, 1/3 inch thick) the best choice (say vs
aluminium)? I would drill holes into it for bulkheads.

2. Should I worry about the lightening setting my house in fire when the
plate is having direct connection with the wooden walls? We don't get so
much serious lightening actually and I am not intending to use the
polyphasers instead of bulkheads as well...

3. Does a large 10 square feet copper panel need extra warmth insulation in
winter, will it cool the house completely down in -20c otherwise?

4. Will the copper plate handle the weather fine and last long?

thanks for any insights,

73
tonno
es5tv