Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 28, Issue 4 (More CC&R's)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 28, Issue 4 (More CC&R's)
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 03:40:02 EST

In a message dated 4/1/2005 3:08:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

In  California, I think that the CC&Rs must be provided at closing, and you
have to sign  a statement that you've received them(among a thousand  other
signatures).[I've blotted that out of my mind from when I went  through it]

Of course, by that time, you're really far along in the  buying process, but
I suppose that if you sat there and paged through  them, and then found that
the seller's agent had made a material  misrepresentation you could make a
stink. All in all, a very bad time to  find out about it.

And, of course, as Alan pointed out, it's unlikely  that your neighbors all
carefully read through the dozens of pages of  legalese in the typical CC&R
document.

My fiance and I drove up to a subdivision in the high desert  north of
San Bernardino (Victorville area).  The sales people  refused to provide us a
copy of their CC&R's.  We walked out.  We  bought in Lake Havasu City!

Warren; W5KKW