Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:02:05 -0700
EZNEC shows that this configuration is a barn burner for straight up
propagation providing about 4 db gain over a single dipole and much
attenuation at lower elevation angles.  However EZNEC shows that raising the
antennas from 15' to 20/25 adds about 1 db of gain.  NVIS articles and 1
book that I have read say
that the optimum height is about .2 lambda which agrees with my EZNEC
modeling. Raising the antennas also makes the input impedance a bit more
manageable.
EZNEC doesn't seem to agree with the "...theoretical gain of about 7db"  as
it reports about 10 dbi?

It would seem that this configuration would be especially helpful in areas
with high ham populations--not so good in Wyoming, etc.

k7puc