Re: [TowerTalk] more info on Re: 75 meter antenna

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] more info on Re: 75 meter antenna
From: Dave Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:15:27 -0400
Well Tom I don't want to besmerch the ARES volunteers but perhaps they
don't have the antennas tuned.

I've read the book, I've installed the antenna, I've got other antennas
(I can raise the rotating dipole from 25ft to120ft CT-100 TRI-EX) and
also tried inverted Vs,  etc. the NVIS  blows them all away.  Get on 40m
some time Tom.  I'll show you what I'm talking about.  The proof is in
the pudding.  Anyone can finc examples of antennas that don't work. If I
paid attention to every negative comment I've heard about transceivers
I'd never bought one...I think the same can be said for negative
comments about antennas. Let the boys go outside and play with the
wires.  They've been locked up inside all winter.  They need some
sunlight, haha

73,
dave
wa3gin

p.s. since my station is an Internet remote station I can constantly
take measurements from 50 miles away.  I can literally watch the band
change from minute to minute and hour to hour.  I can also switch the
antennas remotely so I can measure the difference in signal strength
based on time of day, etc. During the day the rotating dipole at 60ft is
typically down 1-2S units from the NVIS.  THAT AINT BS!  It's a fact..