Re: [TowerTalk] looking for a very lightweight telescoping mast --prefer

To: wayne burdick <n6kr@elecraft.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] looking for a very lightweight telescoping mast --preferably motorized
From: Fred Roberts <froberts@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:14:59 -0700
Wayne-

If you are really constrained, I might suggest a multi-band vertical on
a 20 or 22-foot length of fence rail (fencing companies have a range of
diameters and the one I am thinking of has about a 2" OD.

I used an R7 on such a pole for my RV - total height was 48' and took 20
minutes to erect or take down.  For a fixed location, others have
installed a pivot arrangement - raised the antenna when you want to use
it and lower it when you don't.  This gives you 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12
and 10 meter bands with minimal installation problems and it certainly
is invisible most of the time.

Just one thought for your consideration.

73-
Fred, W6TKV