Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"

To: "Courtney Judd K4WI" <k4wi@earthlink.net>,"Bob Nielsen" <nielsen@oz.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:37:13 -0400
> Bob and all, I use Direc way satellite and consistently
get  600K down and
> 128K up. So much better than dialup here out in the
country where no DSL or
> cable will ever be! 73's Cort

...and I have a two channel ISDN line that actually gives a
true 110-120K speed either up or down on the two bridged 64K
channels, and I'm about 25 miles on a telephone copper pair
from the central office where the equipment is.

I pay $80 a month.

I'm one of those "target people" in an area not served by
cable or DSL. Go figure why anyone would think BPL could
ever offer something useful in rural areas!

My guess is it's really more about how our political $ystem
works than anything else.

73 Tom