Re: [TowerTalk] Phillistran - Defective ?

To: "Paul Baldock" <pbaldock@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillistran - Defective ?
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:48:44 -0400
First, I'd give them a call and ask.

>I just received a new batch of Phillistran from TexasTowers.
>
> This is slightly undersize at .365" instead of .375". I'm concerned this
> may be an issue with the Big Grips.

If you have the data sheet for a the BigGrips they should list a size range
for which each model will work satisfactorily.

Personally, I doubt the hundreth of an inch will make any difference.

> Also instead of the outer being perfectly smooth as in earlier batches
> this
> has a ripple running along it that looks like it was probably caused as it
> fed through the assembly machine.

I'm assuming this is lengthwise.

I'd have to see the ripple to know if I was concerned or not.  Also are
there any discontinuities in the jacket?  Cut an inch of so off the end and
check the jacket for voids.

> Anybody else noticed this with their Phillistran? Is this a problem?

I've never noticed any, but they provide good service.  I'd still start by
giving them a call.
I think one of the guys is on here every once in a while.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com