Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Sections - Shipping methods ?

To: <WW5L@gte.net>, <n8de@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Sections - Shipping methods ?
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:14:02 -0400
<snip>
> Don't sign the delivery ticket until you thoroughly inspect any tower
> shipped to your home or business.

You need to be even more careful than that if you have to pick up the tower,
or freight.
Some years back, actually quite a few years back,  I picked up a shipment of
KLM antennas at the freight depot.  Everything from the 40 meter linear
loaded  through 10 meter monobanders. There was also a Wilson 7L 10 meter
yagi.  We really had to work to get them all on the pick up truck.

We loaded up, I checked, went inside to sign, and then headed for home.  I
noticed something didn't look right, made a U-turn and went back in.  And
inventory showed two of the big antennas missing.  They said I signed for
them and left.  Of course the antennas were removed while I was inside
signing.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com