Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticals

To: <douglas.snowden@med.va.gov>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticals
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:33:38 -0400
I don't think you need to bother with insulation. I've had no problems over
the past 8 years with my 40m 4-square which has aluminum tubing mounted to
pressure-treated 4x4s with plumbing clamps. Each element is 6"-12" off  the
ground. We get plenty of rain and snow here. Often in the winter the bottom
couple of feet of each element is embedded in snow. No detectable difference
in performance.

73, Dick WC1M