Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedance anomaly

To: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedance anomaly
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 7:26:00 -0700

-----Original Message-----

From:  "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Subj:  [TowerTalk] antenna impedance anomaly
Date:  Fri May 27, 2005 10:37 am
Size:  2K
To:  <towertalk@contesting.com>

Not too long ago, when I asked why reflectors of a Yagi are longer than the
driven element and directors of I decided that yes, that is the way it is.
What the computer can do in a fraction of a second is beyond what I could do.

***Or, you can calculate the effects analytically using a fair amount of
calculus.  The computer is basically doing numerical integration.

However I "discovered" what seems very odd to me and am hoping that
Towertalkians can  explain it.

I modeled

But the phase angle of each segment (except the center one) always was negative
with increasing angle as the segment chosen goes to the end of the element.
Why do individual segments  ....

k7puc
**
It takes some finite amount of time for a signal to propagate down the wire.
The phase of the current is different for the same reason it is in a
transmission line.  An antenna is more complicated because every part radiates
to every other part, but the general isdea is the same.

Jim Lux