Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedance anomaly (UNDO)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedance anomaly (UNDO)
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:15:13 -0700
----- Original Message ----- >
> Why do individual segments always show a capacitive phase angle while the
> whole element will show either capacitive, zero, or inductive phase angle?

It has finally dawned on me of my mistake in equating the phase angle
reported by EZNEC for the whole element was taken from the source data
report and is the phase angle for the impedance i.e voltage and current,
However the phase angle reported by EZNEC in the table of currents
apparently is a different type of phase angle.  I cannot find in the EZNEC
manual any explanation of what the phase angle in the current table refers
to.

I assume that in order to define a gain pattern, all current phase angles
in all segments and all wires must have a common reference.  Perhaps I
should pursue the answer in some other forum but if any Towertalkians can
help I will appreciate it.

k7puc