Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor on AB577

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor on AB577
From: "Dan Hammill" <kb5my@starband.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 19:53:11 -0700
The lower adapter for the Yaesu G800 & G1000 also fit nicely on the top
adapter.  You can also slip a 1.5-inch (nominal ID) schedule 40 steel or
aluminum pipe inside the adapter - very nice slip fit.  Drill the pipe with
3/8" holes to match the saddle of the "U" at the end of the adapter and the
thru-holes on the sides of the adapter, then pin the mast with 3/8" Grade 5
or Grade 8 bolts/flat washers/Nylock nuts.  I've used both approaches with
great success - just don't make that extra mast excessively long (2-3 feet
max).

73,
Dan  KB5MY/6