Re: [TowerTalk] "House" Method of Raising a Tilt-Over Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "House" Method of Raising a Tilt-Over Tower
From: "Matt Patterson" <mattpatt@1starnet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:21:51 -0500
I've got a 70' Rohn 25G tower with a tilt over base.  Let's just say, I
won't do that again!  Very scarry when that thing is going up.  The tower
looks like it's about to buckle at about the 45 degree angle with all the
weight on it.  Even though is has a tilt over base I always hire someone or
rent a man lift if I need to go up there.  I can't imagine what a Rohn 55G
would look like when trying to raise or the forces involved for that matter.

Since you don't have room for guys, I'd go with a freestanding tower and
take all that money you were going to spend on the heavy duty wench system
and invest it into hiring someone to put it up for you if you don't want to
do it yourself.

Just my .02.

73 Matt
W5LL