[TowerTalk] TT birthday?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] TT birthday?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:17:58 EDT
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    It seems to me that TowerTalk was started about 10 years ago but I can't
find any start date. Can someone shed a little light on that? Tnx.

    TT is a very busy reflector and currently has 1446 members. It was
originally started as a place where amateurs (and I emphasize AMATEURS) could
get
advice on tower and antenna construction to keep them out of trouble. I'd been
working on amateur towers for a couple of years and saw many things done poorly
or wrong due to ignorance on their part (see the Ten Most Common Tower
Building Mistakes under Tech Notes at www.championradio.com) and realized that
the
internet could provide a great resource. So with Bill, W4AN's help, we started
it up.

    Thanks to everyone for their contributions over the years and also for
acting like adults by welcoming new members and not berating people for posting
"stupid" questions. And once in awhile we even get a new topic to beat up!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TowerTalk Administrator