Re: [TowerTalk] Getting ground rods OUT

To: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Getting ground rods OUT
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:55:23 -0500
One way some folks I knew removed ground rods was to use a piece of
heavy chain, a car jack (the old fashioned bumper jack, not one of those
scissors ones that comes on many cars now, and a good pair of Vise Grips.

Slip one link of the chain over the ground rod, clamp the vise grips at
the lowest point on the exposed section of rod above the chain, and hook
the remainder to the the jack.  Just jack the thing out of the ground
and keep lowering the chain and Vise Grips until the rod is entirely out
of the ground.  Yes it does work.

Tom, WW5L