Re: [TowerTalk] Tower placement

To: "Bill Axelrod" <bill@axelrods.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower placement
From: "Paul" <paul.reiter@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:14:14 -0700
Hey Bill,

I have almost the exact situation. I am opting to put my tower as far towards
the end of the shelf as I can, without losing any height. The hill behind is in
the JA direction, but I think I can do OK with them from San Diego anyway. The
rise is probably 75 feet or so over 500' or so. If I go for the edge of the
shelf, that puts the tower about 200' away from where the land starts to rise
behind the house.

The best shot is about 180 degrees from N thru E thru S, in that case, the
ground drops away very quickly, and then it's free and clear for miles until
you hit Palomar Mountain, some 20-30 miles in the distance.

The tower will be 72', with a 20' mast stuck in it.

What were your conclusions?

Paul