Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Readout Loosing Pulses ?

To: <W6RU@aol.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Readout Loosing Pulses ?
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:16:02 -0700
Terry, I am using a 2800 with over 300 ft of conductor. The pulses feed thru
150 ft of rotor conductor cable into 2 conductors of Romex type buried cable
with no problems. I suspect your problem might be 60 hz pickup along the
shield. I think you would be better off with a balanced pair of conductors
to the reed switch. Probaably 2 conductor shielded or a pair of coaxes would
be ideal. 73, Dan, N5AR