Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Readout Loosing Pulses ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Readout Loosing Pulses ?
From: "Dick" <rbodine@cpinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:13:00 -0500
On 6/26/2005 20:06:17, w6ru@aol.com wrote:
> It looks like I am having the problem I was warned might happen with
> a long run of rotor cable. <SNIP>

Do you have a connector at the end of the pigtail from the rotor?  A
friend had issues with his Orion 2800 and it turned out the connector
was the culprit.  He hard wired the rotor and he hasn't had a problem
since.  I've heard the connector story from others as well and the
solution was eliminating the connector.

I also have an Orion 2800 and it came with a water tight box with a
terminal strip.  My distance from the shack to the rotor is
approximately 200 feet and I've not had any problems in two years.

73, Dick
N0IM
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.