Re: [TowerTalk] Another Grounding Question

To: <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another Grounding Question
From: <kb5my@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
This is good info!  I have a situation where my meter
panel is 200 feet from the house, with an 8' ground
rod at the meter panel, then underground 200 amp
service wiring to the house.  The ground where the
service wiring and Telco cable come up through the
slab and into the house is a UFER ground.  That's at
the front of the house (which is actually the north
wall of the garage).

My shack is at the back of the house, attached to the
south wall of the garage, with the RF cable entrance
on the outside south wall of the shack - almost
directly opposite the UFER ground location, and about
60 feet away.

There is no basement (this is California) and running
through the attic would be painful at best.  Anyone
have any thoughts on running a wide (8"-12") piece of
Cu flashing across the shack and garage 5/8" drywall
ceilings between the RF entrance and the UFER ground?

Also, there is no possibility to install a ring ground
around the house due to its construction.  That was my
original plan, but my contractor was uncooperative when
it came time to do anything outside of his VERY small
box of understanding.  I came within a hair's breadth
of causing him to lose his license....but that's another
story.

73,
Dan  KB5MY