Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:03:25 -0400
We rigged it from the side because it was eaiser on the crane/operator.
The crane was a 140 footer if memory serves, but only about 120 without
the jib....and we avoided rigging the jib that way.  If the crane is
long enough and has enough reach go for it from the top. Rohn 45 won't
flex enough to be a concern.  Putting the top 90 feet on the base
section was not difficult.  We used ropes and ground crew to pull it
into line so the guy belted on the tower at ten feet could concentrate
on alignment/putting bolts in safely.  Toughest part was getting it off
the ground....you had to watch the base so it didn't slide about and hit
someone until tower was at about a 30 degree angle....same thing will
happen if you pick from the top.  73 bob de w9ge