Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch

To: "Dave Fuller" <rfcdma@spinn.net>,"Cameron Crum" <ccrum@dot11net.com>,"towe >> TTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:06:13 -0700
Hmm .. I highly suggest to NOT do that .. I used one of those devices, back
in 1985, to hoist a broadcast FM array .. multiple uploads .. atop a
mountain tower .. and it damned near kilt me, several times.. my brother was
running the chain saw ... too much lag between "whoa", "go", and . OH
SHooT --  just for what it's worth.  I  .. like .. NEVER  .. did that again!
Heck of it, was committed to a time line, and had to finish the job, snowing
though it may be, on that lonely mountain top and "gitter' done"  Did .. but
never via THAT method again!   Mark .. AA6DX