Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:42:58 -0000
When kc1xx finished up my rohn 55 180' tower he had a nice electric capstan
that bolted on the bottom of the tower.  Best way to pull up tower sections
I have ever seen, the only thing I didn't care for was that you were right
under the section you were sending up.  It might have been better mounted to
a truck bumper with another pulley at the base of the tower.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net