Re: [TowerTalk] Lift cable, Galv Steel, vs Stainless

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lift cable, Galv Steel, vs Stainless
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 06:46:40 -0400
Pat I don't think this is entirely correct. If the main pull up cable
were to break the 2nd section would fall bring the 3rd and 4th inner
sections with it. The pull down cable runs from the base of the tower to
the bottom of the 4th or top section and serves to help the tower
retract in conditions where the wind is blowing and may bind the
sections. The pull down cable will not support the weight of the tower.
Not because it's not strong enough but because it's not rigged to do so.

I think I'm right about this can someone else confirm my comments?

Julio, W4HY