Re: [TowerTalk] grounding

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:28:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/05 3:04:03 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
garyschafer@comcast.net writes:
This is beginning to sound like " I placed the end of the cable in a
pickle jar full of water and can't understand why I got hit by
lightning".  :>)
Yup, the cables leading into the house were grounded at the bulkhead in my
case.  The cables that picked up the lightning hit were the ones leading to the
rigs.

I agree that you can't just leave the cables coming into the house just
laying around.  One of the locals did just that.  He left the coax from his 100
footer laying on the floor in his shack.  The room had a 4 inch slab floor, as
most of the Florida homes do.  He came home one day after a big storm to find
his shack dusty, with chards of concrete all over the room...imbedded in the
ceiling and the walls.  And, there was a big hole in the floor where the coax
blasted through the rug and the concrete.

Bill  K4XS