[TowerTalk] Bearings in Rotators

To: "TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bearings in Rotators
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:19:10 -0700
Hello TTers ... just musing ... all the CDE / Hy-Gain rotators I have taken
apart for the first time had room for a lot more ball bearings than came
with "stock".  Years back, I went to the Bearings store locally and stocked
up, and every time I put a rotator back together, I filled the race, within
the plastic holder.
What is the consensus on this practice .. why would you NOT do that .. and,
of course, why does NOT the manufacturer ... it seems like such a
no-brainer, but there must be a reason, other than $$$   ????    73, Mark
AA6DX