Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Bearings in Rotators

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE : Bearings in Rotators
From: Larry WA9VRH <wa9vrh@mtco.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:21:48 -0500
Hi Folks,

I have been following this thread somewhat and if this is a repeat I
apologise.

The best way to save your rotor bearings is to use a thrust bearing to
support the weight of antennas and mast.
That way all your rotor has to do is turn the weight not support it.

That is of course if your tower can deal with a thrust bearing.  On
Rohn towers using a second rotor plate for the thrust
bearing above the rotor would accomplish the same thing.

Just my thoughts.

73 Larry WA9VRH