[TowerTalk] Isotron

To: "Jan Erik Holm" <sm2ekm@telia.com>,"'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isotron
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:27:05 -0500
> More fun stuff:
>
> http://www.isotronantennas.com/

Actually the real humor is at:

http://www.isotronantennas.com/isohow.htm

The text claims Isotron's "work so well"  because they have
"more area than a 1/2 wl dipole".

If I had two slices of bread I could enjoy the bologna even
more!

I always thought the Isotron was a neat way to build a
really tiny antenna that would allow people with no space to
get on the air with some sort of readable signal. I never
realized they were misleading customers by claiming some
sort of odd magic that makes their antenna have more
effective aperture than a 1/2 wave antenna! I'm disappointed
in them now. Hams shouldn't lie to Hams.

73 Tom